Marriage is perhaps the most complex of human relationships. The process of joining two people in a relationship which is intended to last a lifetime can involve great effort. Unfortunately, too often couples are not equipped to deal with the challenges they face in marriage. In fact, many divorces occur partly because couples are not prepared for marriage. Frequently, couples spend more time preparing for the wedding ceremony than for their marriage relationship.
Pre-Marital and Marital counseling can help to work out any potential issues, strengthen your relationship, and teach communication and conflict resolution skills, increasing the chances you will be just as happy, if not more so, with your relationship years down the road. The following are benefits of receiving pre-marital counseling.
· Reduce risk of divorce (one study noted couples who had pre-marital counseling were 31% less likely to get divorced)
· Increase Marital Satisfaction
· Stimulate discussion concerning issues vital to the relationship
· Learn valuable communication & conflict resolution skills
· Helps the couple become aware of important issues before they turn into major problems
· Increase awareness of strengths and growth areas of relationship
· Save money on your marriage license (by engaging in 4 hours of marital counseling or education you can save $32.50 on your marriage license in the state of Florida)
· Waive the 3 day waiting period (between obtaining your marriage license and getting married in the state of Florida)
I would love to hear your thoughts about pre-marital counseling. Please feel free to leave your comments below! If you are in the Brevard County area and interested in receiving pre-marital counseling, you may email me at email@example.com